Saturday 29 September 2012

The Yummiest Mushroom Pie Ever...

Had the most pleasantly exhausting day today.  Following the news that Betsy-Blue will be counting Tea Boutique as one of their stockists of  bags & purses, we felt the need to stock up on further fabrics.  So a visit to The Cheap Shop in Tiptree was the order of the day.  They have a fantastic selection of fabric,yarn,books,crafts etc and they are very competitively priced.  I had great fun choosing new fabrics whilst my sister added to her cookery book collection with The Readers Digest Baking Bible.  Laden with goodies we then headed to our favourite yarn shop Twist, where we had a minor panic when they did not stock the yarn we use for needle felting our bags.  This time my sister came up trumps by purchasing superfine yarn and offered to knit the lacy panels I need :)  Haven't actually told her yet that I need enough to construct at least 10 bags !!
Late afternoon was spent photographing our latest  products for the website and deciding on future designs.  Am ashamed to admit no knitting has taken place today but I did manage to complete a few Christmas cards using "T'was the night before Christmas" Clarity stamp and an hours fun with my pro-markers.
Early evening brought a superb surprise - I  live a mere 200 paces from my sister (she of the cookery book collection) and I was the lucky recipient of the newest addition to her culinary repertoire - a fantastic Mushroom Pie, it was the most delicious thing I have eaten in a long time (probably since the last pie she cooked for me !!)
One rather extravagant purchase today was the Stitch with Love book, by Mandy Shaw, this Christmas wreath has given me so many ideas, cannot wait to hunt out my scrap bag.


It also has the most adorable Hare appliqued cushion but that shall have to wait for another day.


"It's Amazing....All That You Can Do"




No comments:

Post a Comment